Assertive Enforcement Of Court Orders In Family Law Disputes

After a divorce or a paternity case, it is not uncommon for enforcement issues to arise in the future, particularly if one spouse or parent was opposed to the final outcome. Many times, enforcement issues surround terms like custody, visitation or support.

If your former spouse or the parent of your child is refusing to uphold the court-ordered terms of the agreement or decree, there are legal steps you can take to ensure that he or she adheres to those terms.

Making Sure Your Family Law Agreement Is Followed And Enforced

At Cofiño Trial Law, we represent individuals seeking to enforce court-ordered family law decrees. Our family law lawyer will help you file the appropriate petitions and provide proof that the other parent is in contempt.

Support And Visitation Enforcement Following Paternity Actions

In many cases, a father will petition to establish paternity and gain parental rights with the child. While it is good for a child to develop a relationship with both parents, it is important that the father uphold his financial responsibilities that come with parental rights. He must pay child support after being granted these rights.

If he fails to make those payments, it hurts the best interests of the child. Attorney Pedro A. Cofiño will help you seek enforcement through the courts. The court can take a wide range of actions to force the father to comply, including:

  • Wage garnishment
  • License revocation
  • Jail time, in extreme situations

We Always Serve The Best Interests Of Your Child

Pedro A. Cofiño and his compassionate staff will always work toward an outcome that is in the best interests of the child. For more information about child support enforcement issues or to schedule a consultation with a lawyer from our firm, contact us online or call our Miami Beach, Florida, law office at 305-222-7389. If you retain our services, the cost of your consultation will be applied to your retainer.